Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gotta Love Her........Attitude

Bug is back and she is getting SO big. She is going through a growth spurt and getting too big for her britches………in more ways than one.

Let me start by saying that Bug has always been the sweetest little girl. She loves to give hugs and kisses and she’s quick to say “Lub you” to her family and is a dream to put to sleep at night. As she gets bigger her vocabulary gets bigger. As she gets bigger her personality develops…..as does her attitude. Yesterday morning I had my first experience with the new Bug……..and I think I like her a lot!

Ok – so I’m going through my morning ritual of trying to get Baby Girl out of bed, fed, dressed (including shoes) and to the bus stop with clean teeth and combed hair………it’s tough! Anyway, we were to the part of our morning where I remind her to brush her teeth and hair and she was telling me that she’d “fixin to” for the 10th time. She finally found her way to the bathroom and I was folding clothes in the laundry “closet”. Bug was in her room playing in her toy box after having already been up for an hour, had breakfast and brushed her teeth (I’m determined to train her better than I did Baby Girl). From Baby Girl’s bathroom I hear, “MAMA! COME GET HER!” I can also hear Bug saying, “I brush teeth, I brush teeth, I BRUSH TEETH”. I can envision the scene, Bug is standing on the toilet leaning over into the sink trying to grab the toothbrush and toothpaste from Baby Girl and Baby Girl is trying to keep them away from her all the while smearing toothpaste all over my counter. I call out, “Bug, leave sister alone she is trying to get ready for the school bus”. Baby Girl got quiet so I assumed Bug went back to her room so I went back to folding clothes.

About 30 seconds later I look down to see Bug standing at the doorway with her hand held up as if she were stopping traffic with a very serious look on her face. I start to say, “Hi Bug” as that is our normal greeting but am cut short with a, “Hush Up!” I was shocked. #1 because she obviously had come all the way to where I was to express her displeasure in my having told her to get out of the bathroom and #2 because I felt I had just been Prissed by a two year old. I put on my best Mama face and said, “Excuse me? What did you just say?”

Now, this next part is what makes me know that I am going to LOVE this new Bug. She paused and studied my face for a few seconds and then said, “I go to Nana’s house”. That’s right folks – she is already smart enough to know that my reaction to her first attempt at Prissin was not one of joy and decided it better to LIE to my face than possibly suffer the consequences.

About that time Baby Girl came into the den and I relayed the story to her. She informed me that Bug had been trying to Priss her all day and she TOLD her that she isn’t allowed to Priss and older person. I guess Bug just had to test that theory but judging by her complete 360 when questioned I am assuming she was able to grasp the concept.

Yep – I think she is going to grow up to be a fine CH #3.

No comments: