Thursday, April 28, 2005

Idiots and Embolisms

Well folks, I really thought that I was going to have an embolism this morning. Every now and again, the sheer stupidity of other people drives me to the point where I just know blood is going to shoot out of my eye. This morning was one of those times. It began with traffic and continued when I arrived in my office. So, please excuse me but I have GOT to get this off my chest!

Fist of all – I woke up this morning to rain. Wasn’t supposed to rain but it did. Of course, my window is down because I am a bloomin’ retard! So, I drag my towel out to my car and cover my seat so that I don’t have to have wet pants all day. I pull around the corner to the front of my subdivision to go to work and both sides of the street are lined with trucks. BIG trucks dump trucks, equipment trucks, you name a truck and it was sitting in the entrance of my subdivision this morning. As I tried to maneuver my way through the parade of heavy machinery I was cut short in my efforts because there were 5 “laborers” standing in the middle of the only clear path. I realize that they are looking at the muddy pit on the side of the road where it appears they had gotten a backhoe stuck. I honked my horn and they turned to me and WAVED! I opened my door (because I still haven’t fixed my friggin windows) and yelled, “You want to get out of the friggin road?!?” They moved to the side and I proceeded to make my way to Hwy. 64.

I pull onto 64 and drive for about 8 feet before being met by a traffic jam. Apparently, there was a wreck up ahead some place. All traffic was merging into the far right hand lane to avoid the pile-up that was in the left lane. I merged right, like a thinking human, and proceeded to putt along in bumper to bumper traffic for the next two miles. All the while, there were people in the left hand land, jockeying for position and trying to cut in “closer” to the front of the line, one of which is a woman in a silver minivan. This really makes me mad but I am willing to let a few people in ahead of me. I allow 3 or 4 cars to merge in front of me and I finally make it to the end of the line. Just as I get to the spot where the left lane is blocked, the minivan lady starts honking her horn at me. I look over at her and she is YELLING at me to let her over. Now, remember, this idiot has been cruising along in the left hand lane for two miles. She KNEW she had to get over but wanted to skip to the front of the line. My first instinct was to ram the front of her stupid minivan. But, being that there were two cops sitting there, I decided against it. So, I went with my second instinct, I smiled, told her she was “#1” and hit the accelerator preventing her from merging. When I got to the next light I could see her still sitting there, waiting to merge – serves her right. I hope she ran out of gas.

I finally get to my office and am informed that one of my projectors had been stolen out of a conference room. I hate thieves! I sent an email to our facilities person to let them know that, once again, my equipment had walked away. He told me that he was going to the security company to, “find out if they saw anything”. Now I ask you, IF they saw something, wouldn’t my friggin projector still be in the conference room????

I get off that call only to get another from one of our managers who is furious because our Data Security person has gone and changed the login ids for half of her staff. We have some departments that are going away and employees from those departments are being transferred to a newly formed department. They weren’t new hires or even re-hires, these are folks that have been working day in and day out for years and all of a sudden today – our Data Security Idiot (that is his official title) decided to just up and change their credentials. Makes sense to me….NOT! I spent the next 20 minutes undoing what he had done so that these people could get back to work.

I then get an email from our Procurement system, telling me that I have orders that have denied. I go in to see why and find that they are saying I used an “out of date” form when I submitted the requests. I originally submitted these requests way back before the holidays. They have been going through our wonderful system now for over 4 months. I have been back and forth with these people, providing additional information, documentation, blood, sweat and tears to get the equipment I need. Today, the request is to use the NEW form. I open the NEW form and it looks EXACTLY like the OLD form except the NEW form doesn’t have as many boxes for people to approve it! Better yet – the NEW form was put into use AFTER the original submission date of the requests.

So, please forgive me if my post is short today, it’s been a rough morning. I’ve got 5 orders that I have to fill out NEW forms on and get them resubmitted before the form is revised. I have more user accounts that have to be fixed, I have to locate the serial number of the projector that walked away so that the police can……….not find it. I also have to fill out the requests for a new projector, which I’m sure will be denied because the procurement lady hates me. I wish I could just go home – but my friggin car seats are still wet and so is my towel!!! MAN – I need a smoke break.

No comments: