Friday, June 24, 2005

Odds and Ends

Nothing major has been happening lately. Baby Girl has been laying low since the “poop incident” so she’s not giving me much material. The neighbors have been relatively quiet but the weekend is coming so I’m SURE I’ll have something good on Monday. In the meantime I thought I would just share a few little things that have happened but don’t really warrant an entire post.

Let’s see……….a few months ago I had a problem with my toilet draining very slowly. Honey and I poured every chemical known to man in it, we plunged, we rammed coat hangers in it, and we even bought an auger and one of those new plungers that shoots CO2 cartridges (literally blowing the crap out of the pipes). None of it worked. I finally gave in and called the plumber. They brought their auger and their plungers and beat on my toilet for about an hour before they came schlepping down the hall with my potty in a plastic bag and out the front door. Needless to say I was mortified when I went outside to see a grown man bent over my toilet in the middle of the front yard in the middle of the day with his crack exposed to the world. Upon investigation they found that a small porcelain shoe had been lodged in there. This would be the porcelain shoe that I told Honey 50 times NOT to set on the back of the toilet because it could fall in.

Cost of shoe - $15
Cost of plumber - $103
Getting to say “I told you so” – Priceless

Last week one of my extremely intelligent technicians locked his keys in his truck………while it was running and he AC was on full blast. Being the stubborn man that he is, he refused to call a locksmith because he had an extra set of keys…….at home…….an hour away. So, his truck ran in the parking lot for 2 ½ hours while he got someone to come pick him up, drive to BFE to get the keys and then back to the office. I bet 30 people knocked on our door to let us know that he’d left his truck running. DUHHH!! I mean, I can see where you might forget to turn your lights off but you don’t just forget to turn the car off……………well, unless you’re this guy.

A few weeks ago Diamond managed to back her Expedition into one of those yellow concrete “barriers” that surround light poles in parking lots. Now, she has recently given birth and she had two boys under two in the vehicle at the time so I can see where she might get distracted. The funny part is – her car has one of those “back-up alerts” that beeps LOUDLY when something is behind the vehicle so that you DON”T HIT IT. When she called and told me about it I asked if the alarm had gone off and she said….and I’m not lying…..”Well yeah but I couldn’t see anything so I thought it was just messing with me”. RIGHT – Ford makes a vehicle with a sense of humor.

Honey has been working at night this week and is getting home between 3:30a and 5a so he’s been sleeping during the day. Yesterday morning when Baby Girl got up I told her to try and be quiet because Daddy was sleeping. Later that afternoon she walks into the kitchen where Honey and I were talking and said, “Hi Daddy, are you awake now?” Bless her heart.

A week or so ago one of my other techs called me at about 7am to let me know he would be late to work that morning because he’d hurt his back……….while hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock. Bless his heart.

Well, that’s really all I have right now. We will be having birthday dinner with Erin, Tiger, Mom and Nelly this weekend so I’m sure Monday will be a great post. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the laughs!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing :)

The Complimenting Commenter said...

A very funny post. I love the priceless moment. Great post.